Our Tax Credit: A Big Impact to Students
At Atlanta Girls’ School, the Georgia Private School Tax Credit Program makes an extraordinary impact on our school—providing financial aid for highly qualified students with financial need.
Through the program, state residents, S- and C-corporations, LLCs, partnerships and trusts can redirect a portion of their Georgia tax liability to a Student Scholarship Organization (SSO) in support of financial aid at independent schools of their choice.
When you participate, you receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit to your state income tax bill as well as a charitable giving deduction for federal income tax purposes.
2023 tax credits applications must be submitted by Friday, December 31, 2022.
In addition to the many ways that the program benefits AGS and its students, participating individuals and couples receive a dollar-for-dollar state tax credit and, in many cases, a federal income tax deduction. Corporations that participate also receive tax benefits.
Tax credit limits based on filing status have been expanded, effective 2023.
- $2,500: Single Filer
- $2,500: Family Separate Filer
- $5,000: Married Joint Filer
- $5,000: Pass-Through Owner (not making HB 149 election)
- 75% of annual tax liability: C Corp, Trust, or Pass-Through electing to pay tax at the entity level (HB 419)
- 75% of annual tax liability ,but credit shall not exceed $1 million Business that pays insurance premium.
Participation is fast and easy! Here’s how:
Atlanta Girls’ School partners with Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, a state-approved SSO. Submit your 2023 GOAL Tax Credit Application today!
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Apply Now
- GOAL submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) on the first business day in January 2023.
- By mid-January 2023, GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline.
- Pay GOAL by check, credit card, or ACH within 60 days of DOR approval (by mid-March 2023).
- GOAL will send you Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) in May 2023 for claiming the credit on your Georgia income tax return. (Note: you will take the credit on the income tax return for the year in which you make the payment).
Please visit goalscholarship.org for more information.
Participation in the Georgia Private School Tax Credit Program is NOT a charitable donation to Atlanta Girls’ School; rather, it’s a redirection of tax liability already owed to the state of Georgia. We hope you will also contribute to our annual Fund for AGS each year to help AGS fund other important educational priorities.
About Financial Aid:
Tax credit funds are an important part of AGS’s overall financial aid resources, and restricted to students starting at AGS in 6th grade or matriculating to AGS from public schools in any grade. Funds are assigned based on a family’s demonstrated financial need.
For more information about the Georgia Tax Credit Program, go to the Georgia Department of Education website.