Numerous studies show that girls who participate in sports have higher grades, better school attendance, and great self-assurance.
More than 75% of AGS students play at least one sport.
With our opportunity-to-play policy in Middle School, every girl can learn skills, test herself, and benefit from the enduring lessons of athletics and athletic competitions.
Athletic Facts & Accolades
- More than 75% of AGS students participate in a sport.
- Our basketball, volleyball, and soccer teams have earned five region championship titles, six region runner-up titles, and many final-four tournament appearances.
- Track and field holds two region championship titles.
- AGS swimming relay teams have earned four state championship titles.
- Upper School State Runner-up: swimming (’12-’13)
- Upper School Region Champions: soccer, tennis, basketball and track and field, (’12-’13), Varsity cross country (16′-17)
- Middle School State Team Champions: swimming (’05-’06, ’08-’09, ’10-’11, ’12-’13, ’14-’15)
- Middle School MAAC Championships: volleyball, track and field, basketball, and soccer
- Seven athletes hold individual state championship titles in swimming, tennis, and track and field.
- Our athletes are consistently nominated to all-region and all-state teams.
- AGS swimmers finished in the top three annually at the state meet, and our school holds four state records.
- Many AGS athletes have gone on to intercollegiate athletics in swimming, basketball, cross country, volleyball, and softball.
Check out the results below of our terrific Middle School Track and Field Athletes! 100m Dash: Ava Miller (3rd), McKenzie Lewis (4th) 200m Dash: McKenzie Lewis (2nd),...
Congratulations to MS Cross Country for their 3rd place win in the MAAC Championship Meet today. And to top it off, Tess F. ’24 and Alexandra G. ’22 finished...