Numerous studies show that girls who participate in sports have higher grades, better school attendance, and great self-assurance.
Over 75% of AGS students play at least one sport.
With our opportunity-to-play policy in Middle School, every girl can learn skills, test herself, and benefit from the enduring lessons of athletics and athletic competitions.
Athletic Facts & Accolades
- Over 75% of AGS students participate in a sport.
- Our basketball, volleyball, and soccer teams have earned five region championship titles, six region runner-up titles, and many final-four tournament appearances.
- Track and field holds two region championship titles.
- AGS swimming relay teams have earned four state championship titles.
- Upper School State Runner-up: swimming (’12-’13)
- Upper School Region Champions: soccer, tennis, basketball and track and field, (’12-’13), Varsity cross country (16′-17)
- Middle School State Team Champions: swimming (’05-’06, ’08-’09, ’10-’11, ’12-’13, ’14-’15)
- Middle School MAAC Championships: volleyball, track and field, basketball, and soccer
- Seven athletes hold individual state championship titles in swimming, tennis, and track and field.
- Our athletes are consistently nominated to all-region and all-state teams.
- AGS swimmers finished in the top three annually at the state meet, and our school holds four state records.
- Many AGS athletes have gone on to intercollegiate athletics in swimming, basketball, cross country, volleyball, and softball.