Numerous studies show that girls who participate in sports have higher grades, better school attendance, and great self-assurance.
More than 75% of AGS students play at least one sport.
With our opportunity-to-play policy in Middle School, every girl can learn skills, test herself, and benefit from the enduring lessons of athletics and athletic competitions.
Athletic Facts & Accolades
- More than 75% of AGS students participate in a sport.
- Our basketball, volleyball, and soccer teams have earned five region championship titles, six region runner-up titles, and many final-four tournament appearances.
- Track and field holds two region championship titles.
- AGS swimming relay teams have earned four state championship titles.
- Upper School State Runner-up: swimming (’12-’13)
- Upper School Region Champions: soccer, tennis, basketball and track and field, (’12-’13), Varsity cross country (16′-17)
- Middle School State Team Champions: swimming (’05-’06, ’08-’09, ’10-’11, ’12-’13, ’14-’15)
- Middle School MAAC Championships: volleyball, track and field, basketball, and soccer
- Seven athletes hold individual state championship titles in swimming, tennis, and track and field.
- Our athletes are consistently nominated to all-region and all-state teams.
- AGS swimmers finished in the top three annually at the state meet, and our school holds four state records.
- Many AGS athletes have gone on to intercollegiate athletics in swimming, basketball, cross country, volleyball, and softball.
Check out the results below of our terrific Middle School Track and Field Athletes! 100m Dash: Ava Miller (3rd), McKenzie Lewis (4th) 200m Dash: McKenzie Lewis (2nd), Ava Miller (6th) 400m Dash: Sophia Grigsby (5th), London Gaston (10th) 800m Run: Tess Freyaldenhoven (5th), Ava Homer (6th) 1600m Run: Isabella Madrid (6th), Carly Zimmermann (8th) 3200m […]
Congrats to all of our winter athletes on great seasons! From learning new skills as a new basketball player to becoming a state varsity champion in swimming, it was a season to remember. On Thursday, February 8, our Middle School winter athletes were celebrated in a Middle School Sports Assembly, where each team and player […]
Congrats to all AGS swimmers on a great season! Many students had times that qualified them for the state meet on Saturday, January 27. Big thanks to our cheerleaders at AGS, who sent the swim team off in style with a fabulous Spirit Tunnel! Click “READ MORE” for photos.
Go Hurricanes! The Varsity Cross Country team came in 3rd at the regional meet and qualified to run in the GISA State Meet on October 28 in Athens. Congratulations, Elsa, Sophie, Elizabeth, May May, Audrey, Libby, Danielle, Isabella, Isabella, Emily, Alexandra, and Coaches Floyd, Newberg, and Cockrill!
Congratulations to the Varsity Volleyball team who advanced to quarterfinals at the state tournament this year. What a great season! Team members Kathryn Chambers ’19, Taylor Green ’18, Julia Platt ’18, Camryn Johnson ’18, and Amari Cash ’18 made the Region 1-AAA all-region team and coaches Casey Gros-Hayes and Lucas Kufahl were named Coaches of […]
Congratulations to MS Cross Country for their 3rd place win in the MAAC Championship Meet today. And to top it off, Tess F. ’24 and Alexandra G. ’22 finished in the top ten!