As the founder of Dermatology Affiliates in 2004, Dr. Forney is dedicated to healthy, beautiful skin. One issue she feels strongly about is sun damage and its consequences, as seen by the wide variety of sun hats available in the office and by Dr. Forney’s knowledge on the subject. As a medical student, she spent 12 weeks studying skin cancer in Melbourne, Australia, and at the CDC in Atlanta.
Dr. Forney is the immediate past-Chairman of the Board and Past-President of the Medical Association of Atlanta. She is also past-President of the Atlanta Dermatological Association. Dr. Forney serves on the board of the Medical Association of Georgia and Medical Association of Atlanta.
She has served on the Board of Directors of the Women’s Dermatological Society, a national organization of dermatologists focused on service to the community. She has more than 10 years of experience devoted to caring for dermatology patients with medical, surgical and cosmetic needs.
In addition, she is a fellow of the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery, a member of the American Medical Association, member of American Academy of Dermatology, member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and of the Georgia Society of Dermatologists.
Dr. Forney is a devoted aunt and great aunt who takes great joy in her nieces, nephew, great nieces and nephew. She loves international travel, particularly off the beaten path and traveling the country to see old friends. She also enjoys watching sunsets over the water at the beach (safely shaded under an umbrella).
Dr. Forney’s awards include:
- Selected as one of Atlanta’s Top Doctors by her peers in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and most recently 2016
- Patients’ Choice Award 2010
- President’s Award for Service, Medical Association of Atlanta 2006
Dr. Forney’s education includes:
- Undergraduate: Duke University
- Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine, Cum Laude
- Internship in Internal Medicine: Duke University
- Dermatology Residency: University of California, San Francisco
- Chief Resident of Dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco