Atlanta Girls’ School is the only independent, nonsectarian girls’ school in Georgia. We are committed to making our unmatched all-girls’ experience and mission accessible to academically qualified students who are talented and motivated to become vital contributors to our global society.
With this charge, approximately 30% of our student body receives a certain level of financial aid annually.
We understand that for some families, the full tuition of AGS will stretch their resources beyond their budget. Through our financial aid program, we strive to work with all families to make AGS an affordable independent educational opportunity.
AGS uses School and Student Services (SSS) to process financial aid applications. Based on the financial information you provide in the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS), SSS gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This estimate is a starting point to help us make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
While AGS is proud and pleased to offer financial assistance, we expect every family to contribute to their daughter’s education and therefore do not grant full scholarships.
The tuition for the 2018-2019 school year is $25,688 for grades 6 through 12. Tuition for the 2019-2020 school year will be set by the AGS Board of Directors in January 2019.
Estimated fees in addition to annual tuition include:
- Textbooks ($350-$600)
- Required Device – iPad for Middle School and MacBook for Upper School (Varies with year/model)
- Uniforms ($350-$450)
- Lunch (Varies with use and selections)
- Sports (No Sports Activity Fee, but varied costs associated with player equipment)
- Aftercare ($65/week)
Start the Financial Aid Application Process
Step 1: Register and complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The deadline to complete and submit the initial PFS is February 4, 2019.
- Go to https://sssbynais.force.com/familyportal/familylogin. The school code for AGS is 2177.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Set up a PFS online account using your email address and a password. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time and then return later to complete your PFS.
- Submit and pay for the PFS. This fee is nonrefundable. Remember to print a copy for your records. SSS will verify the information once tax returns are completed.
If you have any questions about the Financial Aid Application Process, please contact the AGS Business Office at 404-604-2842.
Step 2: Submit additional required tax documents. The 2017 documents must be received by February 4, 2019. 2018 tax returns should be submitted no later than March 1, 2019. Any applications received after the deadline are placed on a waitlist.
AGS requires that you submit to SSS online or by mail the following documents in addition to your completed Parents’ Financial Statement: 2018 and 2017 tax returns and all related schedules, W-2s, 1099s and business returns (if applicable).
To submit documents online, go to the Manage Documents tab in the PFS Online. There you can upload documents from your computer. Save each document separately in one of the following formats: Adobe Acrobat, pdf, Microsoft Word, .jpg, or .tif. On the Manage Documents page, click on “Browse,” locate the document, then click on “Upload.” It can take 72 hours for documents to be received and validated.