In order to stay abreast of the complex and evolving situation in the United States and to exercise best practices in safeguarding our community, Atlanta Girls’ School is remaining in constant communication with governmental and educational organizations. For the most detailed and up-to-date information on COVID-19, we encourage you to bookmark this page and monitor the websites listed below. We will update this page with information about COVID-19 as it relates to Atlanta Girls’ School.
Those who believe they may have been exposed to or infected with the novel coronavirus should seek medical care right away. Before you go to a clinic, doctor’s office, or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
The Atlanta Girls’ School campus will remain closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year. All learning is taking place online. Plans are being discussed about a later date for commencement of the Class of 2020.
AGS is still accepting applications for admission. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Dates and activities for SMART Girls Camp are being discussed. A decision about camp will be made by May 4, 2020.
COVID-19 Messages from the AGS Head of School
- Message from HOS on April 16, 2020
- Message from HOS on April 2, 2020
- Message from HOS on March 26, 2020
- Message from HOS on March 19, 2020
- Message from HOS on March 13, 2020
- Message from HOS on March 12, 2020
- Message from HOS on March 10, 2020
- Message from HOS on March 6, 2020
- Message from HOS on February 26, 2020
Key updates from other organizations
College Board – SAT
The College Board reports that they will provide weekend SAT administrations every month through the end of the calendar year, beginning in August. This includes a new administration in September and the previously scheduled tests on August 29, October 3, November 7, and December 5.
Students can register for these administrations starting in May, and they will contact students directly when we have the exact date. Eligible students can register with a fee waiver.
Students can get early access to register for August, September, and October if they’re:
- Already registered for June
- In the high school class of 2021 and don’t have SAT scores”
More updates from The College Board on summer and fall SAT dates can be found here.
College Board – AP Exams
Exams will take place remotely from May 11-22 (late testing from June 1-5) and will cover abbreviated AP content. Families and students are encouraged to review the AP Program online resources to secure information about the content covered in the exams, specific exam dates and times, supplemental Online AP Course Presentations, and Live Review Sessions (available in on-demand format after live broadcasts). All of that information and more can be found here.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) This is a dedicated page for Coronavirus updates including information on symptoms, transmission, prevention and treatment and travel restrictions.
- World Health Organization
- Johns Hopkins Interactive and Updating Outbreak Map
- U.S. State Department
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- AGS Pandemic Preparedness Plan_2020
- AGS Infirmary Guidelines for COVID