On Tuesday, February 25, AGS students were recognized at the Atlanta Regional Science and Engineering Fair award ceremony.
Every AGS student who competed at the Atlanta Regional Science Fair won medals for their work:
- Gold: Malak Desouky, Sydney Menzie, Sydney Killian, Abigail Cibik, Jasmine Smith, and Bella Huang
- Silver: Riley Fishman, Tess Freyaldenhoven, Margaret Beltrami, and Leah Goldstein
- Bronze: Sasha Menzie, Kennedy O’Neil, Harper Hudephol, Lyric Simone Ngcobo, Marley Irving, Jamison Shears, Sofia Lowe, and Katherine Beltrami
- Best in Category for Engineering Mechanics: Sydney Menzie and Sydney Killian
- Association for Women Geoscientists Foundation Award for Scientific Excellence: Malak Desouky
- U.S. Airforce Award for Excellence in Science and Engineering: Bella Huang
- Science Champion Award from U.S. Agency for International Development: Sydney Menzie and Sydney Killian
Middle School students who were awarded gold medals for their work were also invited to compete in the national Broadcom MASTERS competition. This is an incredible accomplishment because only the top 10% of participating projects are nominated to compete in the national competition.
Way to go AGS student scientists!