Front Desk Liaison
Job Title: Front Desk Liaison
Atlanta Girls’ School is the only nonsectarian independent school for girls in Atlanta, serving girls in grades 6–12. AGS authentically lives its mission by providing a challenging college-preparatory program in a learning environment designed to foster the full potential of each student and to enable her to become a vital contributor to our complex global society.
The AGS Front Desk Liaison will be an individual that understands that he/she is the voice and face of the school. He/She is highly organized and is not distracted by constant requests and interruptions. She/He takes great pride in their role as the primary greeter for the school and understands that their work in supporting the infrastructure of the school is vitally important. This individual has a sense of humor and enjoys collaborative work.
This is a full-time position; hours are Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Base Salary: 32K-35K
Reports to: Chief Business Officer
Area of Responsibility: Front Desk Area/Greeting
- Serve as the greeter for individuals calling into the school and visiting our campus in person • Manage the visitor security system ensuring that all visitors have been processed and receive a badge
- See that individuals are directed to the proper person/location and in the process ensures that the individuals feel welcomed and cared for
- When required, serve as a non-anxious presence for individuals who are presenting with a difficult issue or situation; determine if the situation can be resolved by you or should be passed along to another individual at the school
- Receive mail and packages, ensuring distribution to the proper individuals
- Prepare outgoing items for mailing / shipping
- Manage student attendance via Blackbaud Education Management
Area of Responsibility: Office & Breakroom Supplies
- Maintain and organize desired level of basic office supplies in Supply Closet
- Maintain and organize desired level of breakroom supplies in Faculty Workroom • Order office supplies for faculty and staff as needed
- Receive office and breakroom supplies as they are delivered, distributing items to respective individuals and replenishing stock in supply closet or break room
Area of Responsibility: Resource Management/Calendaring
- Serve as primary administrator / coordinator for resource scheduling
- Ensure that calendaring system is current and accurate at all times
Area of Responsibility: Business Office
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 1-3 years of Front Desk or Receptionist experience • Welcoming and approachable personality
- Ability to represent AGS in a positive and proactive manner
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including Administration, Faculty, Families, Friends, Vendors, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with confidence and accuracy
- Attention to detail and initiative in problem solving
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Self-motivated with professional demeanor and presence, positive attitude, and strong work ethic • Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Contribute to the school environment in a positive and proactive manner
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and ability to sit for extended periods of time
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via email to Joel Contreras.