Job Title: Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing
Atlanta Girls’ School is the only independent school for girls in Atlanta, serving girls in grades 6–12. AGS authentically lives its mission by providing a challenging college-preparatory program in a learning environment designed to foster the full potential of each student and to enable her to become a vital contributor to our complex global society.
The position is responsible for the strategic development, planning and implementation of the School’s inclusive communications and marketing initiatives by partnering cross-functionally with internal departments and stakeholders and external consultants and vendors.The Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing will serve on the administrative team.The Director is the main contact for all External Affairs. The Director will also be responsible to align the school’s communication and marketing efforts to support admissions and fundraising initiatives.
All interested candidates can submit their resume and cover letter to HR, at HR@atlantagirlsschool.org.
Reports to: Head of School
FLSA Status: Exempt
Flexibility to work remotely
- Facilitates team building and meaningful collaboration among Admission, Advancement, and Communication teams.
- Forms strong working relationships with all members of the leadership team.
- Serves on the senior administrative team and attends Board meetings as appropriate.
- In partnership with Admission develops and maintains a strategic inbound and outbound inclusive marketing strategy to advance the school’s mission, brand awareness and new student recruitment. Utilize target market and segmentation data to drive marketing decisions and initiatives.
- Oversees website management, design, content, and analytics to maximize communication effectiveness.
- Develops and maintain paid search, search optimizations social media, and other online marketing initiatives.
- Manages, grows and decides marketing efforts via print, public relations, media, and or other communication channels as necessary.
- Works with personnel overseeing retention to develop and execute an inclusive marketing strategy for student retention.
- Develops and oversees programs to deepen student and family engagement and loyalty.
- Partners with key stakeholders in planning events and programs.
- Develops reports and analysis for marketing initiatives to measure qualitative and quantitative effectiveness.
- Meets regularly with faculty, staff, and administration to ensure brand messaging, quality, communication and consistency across all departments, activities, and events.
- Manages and maintains budget and tracking.
- Leads weekly Advancement Team meeting with Fundraising and Admission personnel including the HOS when appropriate.
- Creates and implements a sustainable structure of support for communications regarding weekly newsletter, social media, photography, and video needs for the school.
- Organizes and leads weekly meeting with Head of School.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with developing and implementing a communications/marketing plan.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with relevant technology systems and applications.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and social justice.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor degree required and master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to use discretion and to handle confidential matters.
- A team player who works well in a collaborative environment.
- Position requires the physical and sensory abilities necessary to work in a school office environment, sitting at a desk/working on a computer for an extended period of time, and being able to move around the building and grounds and occasionally lifting up to 30 lbs. Employee must have a valid Georgia driver’s license or the ability to obtain a valid Georgia driver’s license.